Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Something not working with Apple TV app on mac

I bought this movie that comes with a 4K version but becuase my internet's bad I want to manually set it to 4K. The settings seem to be grey and not able to click. Ive restarted the app several time but i'm still not able to access those buttons. How can I fix this? I also want to be able to download the special version in setting and not the normal movie, which it seems I can only do from that top bar that is greyed out.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 4:35 PM

4K versions are available for streaming to devices/screens that support 4K.

4K versions are not available for download. Downloads are limited to HD (1080p).

Find movies with 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Download and playback option settings (defaults) are available from Preferences in the TV menu.

With the Player window open, most of the Video menu is supposed to be greyed out. For me, only the Add to Playlist and Info options from the Video menu are available when one of my movies is open for playback. From the main organizer window of the TV app, other options in the Video menu may be available for selections in the library.

Apple TV App user guide for Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 4:35 PM in response to Ogopogoman

4K versions are available for streaming to devices/screens that support 4K.

4K versions are not available for download. Downloads are limited to HD (1080p).

Find movies with 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Download and playback option settings (defaults) are available from Preferences in the TV menu.

With the Player window open, most of the Video menu is supposed to be greyed out. For me, only the Add to Playlist and Info options from the Video menu are available when one of my movies is open for playback. From the main organizer window of the TV app, other options in the Video menu may be available for selections in the library.

Apple TV App user guide for Mac - Apple Support

Something not working with Apple TV app on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.