Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

use mobile number as default for messages

my iphone 11 brings up my son's email address rather than his mobile number when I start a text to him. How can I change it to bring up his mobile number?

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 3:34 PM

BuddyJ167 wrote:

I see that > symbol next to all the other names that show up but not by his name.

Here are some reasons that come to mind:

• Perhaps he has not allowed both his Apple ID and iPhone telephone number at Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > [You can receive iMessages to and reply from]
  • Perhaps you don’t have both his iPhone telephone number and Apple ID on his entry in your Contacts
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 3:34 PM in response to BuddyJ167

BuddyJ167 wrote:

I see that > symbol next to all the other names that show up but not by his name.

Here are some reasons that come to mind:

• Perhaps he has not allowed both his Apple ID and iPhone telephone number at Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > [You can receive iMessages to and reply from]
  • Perhaps you don’t have both his iPhone telephone number and Apple ID on his entry in your Contacts

use mobile number as default for messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.