Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID email

I’ve been trying to switch emails on my Apple ID. I have deleted an old account with my main email account and waited a week or so after receiving the confirmation email but I am still unable to use it for my main Apple ID as it says it’s unavailable. I’ve tried looking for information on forums but no luck, any ideas on how to fix this?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 6:06 PM

There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 6:06 PM in response to gabija01

There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Apple ID email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.