Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my log in be the same as my old one?

I transferred my files from my old Mac to my new one. Will the log in password be the same?

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 5:49 PM

Rams2022 wrote:

I transferred my files from my old Mac to my new one. Will the log in password be the same?

You would hope so...

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 5:49 PM in response to Rams2022

Rams2022 wrote:

You would hope so...

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Will my log in be the same as my old one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.