Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i lock my stollen iphone

my iphone is stollen

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 7:01 PM

To find your device, sign in to iCloud.com/find. Or use the Find My app on another Apple device that you own.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch doesn't appear in the list of devices, Find My hasn't been turned on. But you can still protect your account if Find My hasn't been turned on.

Mark as Lost

When you mark your device as lost, it will be remotely locked with a passcode, keeping your information secure. This will also disable Apple Pay on the missing device. And you can display a custom message with your contact information on the missing device. 

Mark your device as lost.

Report your missing device to local law enforcement

Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. 

Find the serial number.

File a Theft and Loss claim

If your missing iPhone is covered by AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, file a claim for an iPhone replacement.

File a claim.

Remotely erase your device

If you erase a device that had iOS 15, iPadOS 15 or later installed, you can still use Find My to locate the device or play a sound on it. Otherwise, you won't be able to locate the device or play a sound after you've erased it.

If you have AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, do not erase your iPhone until your claim has been approved.

Erase your device.

Contact your wireless service provider

If the missing device is an iPhone or iPad with mobile data, report your missing device to your wireless service provider. Ask the service provider to disable your account to prevent calls, texts and data use. And if your device is covered under your wireless service provider plan, file a claim.

Remove your missing device from your account

If you have AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, do not remove your lost iPhone from your account until your claim has been approved.

Go to appleid.apple.com to remove the missing device from your list of trusted devices.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 7:01 PM in response to johnlesterfvillanueva

To find your device, sign in to iCloud.com/find. Or use the Find My app on another Apple device that you own.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch doesn't appear in the list of devices, Find My hasn't been turned on. But you can still protect your account if Find My hasn't been turned on.

Mark as Lost

When you mark your device as lost, it will be remotely locked with a passcode, keeping your information secure. This will also disable Apple Pay on the missing device. And you can display a custom message with your contact information on the missing device. 

Mark your device as lost.

Report your missing device to local law enforcement

Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. 

Find the serial number.

File a Theft and Loss claim

If your missing iPhone is covered by AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, file a claim for an iPhone replacement.

File a claim.

Remotely erase your device

If you erase a device that had iOS 15, iPadOS 15 or later installed, you can still use Find My to locate the device or play a sound on it. Otherwise, you won't be able to locate the device or play a sound after you've erased it.

If you have AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, do not erase your iPhone until your claim has been approved.

Erase your device.

Contact your wireless service provider

If the missing device is an iPhone or iPad with mobile data, report your missing device to your wireless service provider. Ask the service provider to disable your account to prevent calls, texts and data use. And if your device is covered under your wireless service provider plan, file a claim.

Remove your missing device from your account

If you have AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, do not remove your lost iPhone from your account until your claim has been approved.

Go to appleid.apple.com to remove the missing device from your list of trusted devices.

how can i lock my stollen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.