Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My card doesn’t work.

My card worked before and now it doesn’t work. What should I do?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 7:53 PM

Use your device to check your payment information. You may see red text that explains why the payment method can't be charged.

If your card has been declined, add a new payment method or update your payment information. You can add multiple payment methods to your Apple ID.

Your payment method will be charged for the unpaid balance. Then you can make other purchases and update your apps, including free apps.

If you're using Family Sharing, and Purchase Sharing is turned on, the family organiser must update their billing information or add a new payment method. If you're not the family organiser, you won't be able to change the payment method.

See which payment methods are accepted in your country or region.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 7:53 PM in response to Hudsonhawk23

Use your device to check your payment information. You may see red text that explains why the payment method can't be charged.

If your card has been declined, add a new payment method or update your payment information. You can add multiple payment methods to your Apple ID.

Your payment method will be charged for the unpaid balance. Then you can make other purchases and update your apps, including free apps.

If you're using Family Sharing, and Purchase Sharing is turned on, the family organiser must update their billing information or add a new payment method. If you're not the family organiser, you won't be able to change the payment method.

See which payment methods are accepted in your country or region.

My card doesn’t work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.