Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve found an iPad.

I’ve found an iPad is there a way for owner to be contacted so they can have it back?

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 2:49 AM

Whilst your desire to return the iPad to its owner is commendable, Apple will not assist with locating, or reuniting a lost/found/stolen device. Using any information to which Apple may have access would likely violate privacy laws/legislation that apply in many countries.

If you can turn-on the iPad, if registered as “lost” by the owner, the iPad might display a message or owner contact information. If so, you may be able to independently make contact - otherwise, you’ll not have any means by which to contact the owner.

As such you would be best advised to simply hand-over the iPad to your local authorities - as they are best placed to reunite the device with its owner if a loss report has been made.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 2:49 AM in response to Foundanipad

Whilst your desire to return the iPad to its owner is commendable, Apple will not assist with locating, or reuniting a lost/found/stolen device. Using any information to which Apple may have access would likely violate privacy laws/legislation that apply in many countries.

If you can turn-on the iPad, if registered as “lost” by the owner, the iPad might display a message or owner contact information. If so, you may be able to independently make contact - otherwise, you’ll not have any means by which to contact the owner.

As such you would be best advised to simply hand-over the iPad to your local authorities - as they are best placed to reunite the device with its owner if a loss report has been made.

I’ve found an iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.