Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS4 / iSimple Not Recognized

I downloaded the OS4 to my iPod Touch yesterday and now when I hook it up to my iSimple car adapter, the Touch says it's not a supported device. The adapter doesn't recognize that the iPod is attached and obviously doesn't play. Is there a way to uninstall the OS4?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 9, 2010 5:45 PM

11 replies

Aug 12, 2010 12:54 PM in response to SJ-1969

I was told by Pac-Audio (makers of the iSimple gateway) that you can turn dip-switch #4 to the "ON" position (on a GM5 gateway) and set the radio to Aux 1, or Aux 2 and it should play. I didn't try this as I had just purchased the touch 32 GB model, and took it back to Walmart after I did the OS 4 upgrade. Now I'm back at OS 3.1.2 with another touch 32GB and is working properly again.

You can call Pac-Audio tech support direct at (727) 572-9255 x230 to verify this for your particular installation.

Aug 12, 2010 1:03 PM in response to SJ-1969

This was posted on the iSimple website, but has been taken down. The only way to find it is to google terms found in the article and look at the "cached" version Google stored while crawling the page.

Important iPhone and iPod Touch Information

Dear iSimple Customer;

On June 21st, Apple released iOS 4 – an operating system upgrade for the iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch that offers multitasking, as well as several business-oriented features and e-mail encryption. iOS 4 represents a major step forward in the evolution of the iPhone and iPod touch, and we expect it to be a "must have" upgrade for most users.

Those of you that have upgraded to iOS 4 may have noticed that your device is currently generating a repeating error message when connected to your iSimple GateWay. Although Apple keeps new products and upgrades under intense secrecy prior to release, our product development team identified this issue early on and is currently offering the following suggestions:

1. The Quick Solution – Disconnect the GateWay module and turn dipswitch 4 (located on the right side of the module next to the input ports) to the on/downward position. The interface will then need to be manually reset (read instructions here) and then reinstalled in the vehicle. This will reconfigure the GateWay to "basic mode" and will provide audio and battery charging only; basic mode will not support browsing or text display.

2. The Upgrade – To retain the browsing and text display features of the GateWay, you can upgrade your module with the PXAMG-IC. This upgrade will be available for purchase from most iSimple retailers, as well as from iSimpleSolutions.com for $29.95. After installation of the PXAMG-IC (read instructions here) the module will require a firmware update (click here for Firmware upgrade). Once completed, this upgrade will enable full-function of all browsing, control and text display features.

If you have any other questions regarding the new Apple iOS 4 and your iSimple product, please contact your local iSimple dealer or the iSimple tech support team.

Thank you.

Aug 18, 2010 4:47 AM in response to Jottle

I emailed tech support and received the response below. If you look at the cached page on Google, it shows replacing a small circuit board, which I assume is the $29 part referenced below.

Please contact customer service for the $29.95 replacement option at email: customerservice@aampofamerica.com, with the following information.1. Full name2. Complete shipping address (no PO Box)3. Credit card information (or provide daytime phone # if you would like to give your credit card info by phone). We will ship you the replacement product from Clearwater, FL.

We will charge your card now for $29.95.

You will receive a return shipping label for the your current product inside box.

Upon receipt of the product and return shipping label call UPS for pick-up service or drop-off at any UPS shipping facility or drop-box.

Return unit to AAMP of AMERICA, 13190 – 56

th Court, Clearwater, FL 33760 as shown on the label.

You will need to return your current unit

within 30 days to prevent additional charge of $100 to your credit card.

RegardsClifton BrownAamp of AmericaTechnical Support866-931--8021
Monday thru Friday
9:30am to 8:00pm EST.

Aug 22, 2010 7:01 PM in response to Jottle

If you google "pxamg-ic" you will see other online retailers who sell this board, other than Pac-Audio (iSimple). Average price is $29.95 and there is no need to return the unit to Pac-Audio.

Below is a link to the Google cashed page with details, and a link to the instructions on how to remove/install the old/new board. NOTE: The Google cached page is no longer posted on the iSimple site, thus the need to view it via Google cache.

*GOOGLE CACHED PAGE WITH DETAILS:*
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:56bDuxm8q-wJ:www.isimplesol utions.com/ipod-adapter/iphoneinfo.asp

*DIRECT LINK TO TO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:*
http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/PXAMG-IC/1Instructions/pxamg-ic_instructions061810.pdf

*YouTube VIDEO OF INSTALLATION*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uo_YNlrfW4&f

OS4 / iSimple Not Recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.