Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro will not connect to wifi

Mac Pro will not connect to Wi-Fi; other devices do

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 10:26 AM

DeanOji wrote:

Mac Pro will not connect to Wi-Fi; other devices do

follow steps here If your Mac isn't connecting to the internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 26, 2022 2:59 PM in response to razmee209

Had a similar problem after recent update to Monterey 12.3.1. Connected to wifi but app's couldn't reach the internet: mail wouldn't update, Safari returned "You are not connected to the internet". However my old Macbook running Mojave had no problem. Checked log from update, and noticed one of the first steps was to delete Rosetta. I use Norton/360 which depends on Rosetta. Attempted to start Norton - received message "Norton requires Rosetta". However, I couldn't download Rosetta because I couldn't reach the internet. Decided to eliminate WiFi as the problem, by connecting to the router with a usb adapter and cable. Same message. Opened network pref's and saw connections options of Wifi, thunderbolt, and my USB cable connection. The USB showed active and connected. ??? HOWEVER, there was another entry in the list. This was "Norton/360 starting". Really? So I deleted it by selecting Norton from the list, and poking "-" the minus sign at the bottom of the list. Clicked apply, and "bingo" suddently we're connected to the internet. Somehow, the OS was waiting on Norton before connecting. Don't know why the update didn't restore Rosetta after finishing. Since then I've downloaded Rosetta, and Norton's back in action, too. Hope this is helpful.

Mac Pro will not connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.