Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is no_reply@email.apple.com a legitimate domain from Apple?

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 11:36 AM

Hopefully this answer helps!

I received the same email. This email address is legit as far as I can tell, however this is a phishing scam, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK. I checked my legit emails from Apple and they used the same Apple email address (no_reply@email.Apple.com) however when I clicked the link it sent me to a FAKE Apple website, which asked me to input my ID information. Obviously, do not input this information because it is fake. I’m not sure how they can send phishing emails using a legitimate email, but they found out how. Hopefully this reply helps people in the future!

-Best, Chris

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2022 11:36 AM in response to Jmae016

Hopefully this answer helps!

I received the same email. This email address is legit as far as I can tell, however this is a phishing scam, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK. I checked my legit emails from Apple and they used the same Apple email address (no_reply@email.Apple.com) however when I clicked the link it sent me to a FAKE Apple website, which asked me to input my ID information. Obviously, do not input this information because it is fake. I’m not sure how they can send phishing emails using a legitimate email, but they found out how. Hopefully this reply helps people in the future!

-Best, Chris

Apr 19, 2022 8:35 AM in response to Phil0124

I am seeing other threads on here that say the correct email from Apple is "noreply@email.apple.com" without the underscore. How can I be sure this is the case. The email was regarding someone has used your Apple ID to download an Authenticator App, if this was not you change your password here. I am familiar with Phishing emails and the slight alteration of an actual email address to look like it's coming form a legitimate source, so I am questioning this one. Thanks for the responses.

Apr 19, 2022 9:01 AM in response to Raicya

That just means the email, whether “real” or “fake” is named Apple. I have had my personal email changed by one letter but they called it by name so in the from it looked like the sender was me, my name, but if you scroll over my name you would notice it was not it in fact my email as it was changed by one letter. The reason I am asking the question is specifically because it says from Apple but in scrolling over the “apple” the domain is no_reply@email.apple.com. So asking the question is this actual email address from email or is it Phishing disguised as Apple?

Apr 19, 2022 12:32 PM in response to Jmae016

It can be either one depending on why it was sent. I get the "no_reply" version from the iTunes Store when I buy something, and get the "noreply" version when I modify something on my account.

Both are valid in my experience. However, email addresses can be spoofed or faked. The content of the email you received would be a better identifier of real or fake email messages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.