Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't the Mojave installer work. I get a error message that reads "unable to install because the downloaded file is corrupt ". I can't install Mojave with this install method. Is there another way ? A DMG Install file would be nice

I get this error message from the Apple Site that reads : "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS. " Is there a way to fix this issue? Is a there a DMG Install File available for Mojave ? Can or will Apple repair their own website ?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 3:13 PM

Wow ! I used choice # 1 and set the time to 1/19/2014. The Mojave Install App I had in the application folder opened up and installed Mojave on my MacBook Air 11" early 2014. I had tried all the other "tricks" I found on the internet including this site to no avail. This technique ( setting time to 2014 to fool the certificate) worked. I did forget to disconnect from the internet and it still worked. Great ! Thank you for your fine advice BDAqua.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 3:13 PM in response to BDAqua

Wow ! I used choice # 1 and set the time to 1/19/2014. The Mojave Install App I had in the application folder opened up and installed Mojave on my MacBook Air 11" early 2014. I had tried all the other "tricks" I found on the internet including this site to no avail. This technique ( setting time to 2014 to fool the certificate) worked. I did forget to disconnect from the internet and it still worked. Great ! Thank you for your fine advice BDAqua.

Apr 19, 2022 12:56 PM in response to Jeepstur

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS Mohave App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS Mojave.app in Applications, empty trash & restart, then a new copy of a more recent version can be downloaded..

Why can't the Mojave installer work. I get a error message that reads "unable to install because the downloaded file is corrupt ". I can't install Mojave with this install method. Is there another way ? A DMG Install file would be nice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.