Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Verify Server Identity - Message Pop Up

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 8:56 AM

Go to Settings/Calendar/Accounts and look for that URL. If you don’t see it tap Subscribed Calendars and you should see it. Tap on it and delete it.

If that doesn’t fix the problem post back and we can dig deeper.

8 replies

Apr 20, 2022 11:30 AM in response to woodcut55

Go to the Calendar app, tap on Calendars, and uncheck all of the Eventbrite calendars. At most you should have one of those, and don’t accept calendar invitations in the future. If that fixes the problem check just ONE of the eventbrite calendars. That probably isn’t the cause of the problem, but you still should have at most one eventbrite calendar (they ARE legitimate, BTW).

I think I found the problem; humanitiesdc.org is a legitimate site, however, their SSL certificate expired on April 19 (yesterday), so the problem will likely go away once they fix their certificate. Meanwhile, you can tap on Details, then to trust the certificate.

Apr 19, 2022 7:44 PM in response to woodcut55

woodcut55 Said:

"Cannot verify server identity? Why does this keep popping up on my iphone13?"

-------

Is this Occurring in Mail?

If so, try the following...

Mail Certificate Errors:

Likely, the SSL certificate was likely removed or modified in Mail Server settings.

What to Try:

A. Resync Date & Time:

You'd toggle on/off Set Automatically.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Date & Time
  4. Tap: Set Automatically so that it is OFF (greyed-out)
  5. Tap: Set Automatically so this it is OFF (green)

B. Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). Go here for gmail: Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

C. Remove/Add the Account:

So, contact your eMail provider. Likely, they'd have you remove your eMail account form your iPhone and then add it back. If you use an app password, then try using a new one.

Cannot Verify Server Identity - Message Pop Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.