Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud backup for new phone

I brought a new iPhone 13pro, my old iPhone X with no iCloud backup yet, and doing it now. can I use the iPhone 13pro now, or do I have to wait for the iPhone X backup to be done and then use the new iPhone? could the backup doing at the same time regarding under the same iCloud account

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 9:26 PM

iansun-46 Said:

"icloud backup for new phone: I brought a new iPhone 13pro, my old iPhone X with no iCloud backup yet, and doing it now. can I use the iPhone 13pro now, or do I have to wait for the iPhone X backup to be done and then use the new iPhone? could the backup doing at the same time regarding under the same iCloud account"

-------

Transferring to a New iPhone:

Sure you can use it. But, I'd say let all sit until it completes, as a way to avoid discrepancies between what is transferred.

The Ultimate Solution:

Sync Through iCloud:

Sign in to the same Apple ID on both iPhones, and then enable an item (i.e. Photos) in iCloud Settings. Being synced, the iCloud data will be accessible between both two iPhones.

On Both iPhones:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: the items (so that it is green)
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 9:26 PM in response to iansun-46

iansun-46 Said:

"icloud backup for new phone: I brought a new iPhone 13pro, my old iPhone X with no iCloud backup yet, and doing it now. can I use the iPhone 13pro now, or do I have to wait for the iPhone X backup to be done and then use the new iPhone? could the backup doing at the same time regarding under the same iCloud account"

-------

Transferring to a New iPhone:

Sure you can use it. But, I'd say let all sit until it completes, as a way to avoid discrepancies between what is transferred.

The Ultimate Solution:

Sync Through iCloud:

Sign in to the same Apple ID on both iPhones, and then enable an item (i.e. Photos) in iCloud Settings. Being synced, the iCloud data will be accessible between both two iPhones.

On Both iPhones:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: the items (so that it is green)

icloud backup for new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.