Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi connecction dropping

My iPhone will not connect to network. All other devices are working on network. I have reset the network on the phone--no good.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 1:11 PM

Wi-Fi address isn’t what I asked about, it was IP address. (the Wi-Fi address IS personal information). It sounds like your problem is caused by your Wi-Fi profile. Go to Settings/General/VPN & Device Management and delete the VPN profile.

8 replies

Apr 20, 2022 1:33 PM in response to ljfreff

Yes, VPN can be very touchy. Any change (such as an iOS update) can break it. If you use VPN (and for most people there is no go reason to) you should delete it’s app and profile before updating, then reinstall them after the update so the VPN app can detect anything that has changed in the network stack.

Unless you need VPN to access a business or school internal network (or you live in a country with a repressive government) you should not routinely use VPN. If you just want to disguise your IP address, with iOS 15.2 and later you have iCloud+ Private Relay, which is sort of a super VPN, except, unlike commercial VPN providers, it doesn't monitor your activity and potentially sell it. It’s not free; it’s 99¢ a month for 50 GB of iCloud storage AND Private Relay, but if you are using a free VPN now you should not be. Any free VPNs are a much greater security risk than browsing without VPN.

Here’s an essay on VPN→Don't use VPN services. · GitHub

wifi connecction dropping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.