Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I hook up to my network I get the blue heck and it says that it’s a hidden net work, but it does connect me to my netw

My network doesn’t connect automatically, some times it does but not always. When I click on it, it connects me to the internet right away. But I do notice in little orange colored letters right under my network name it says hidden network, it never said that before . When I looked up what a hidden network was it seemed like it wasn’t secure anymore. I don’t know how to fix it.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 4:32 PM

A hidden WiFi network is simply a network that is not openly broadcasting its network name (SSID). A “hidden” WiFi network is somewhat misleading in its title - and engenders a false sense of security; as all WiFi networks broadcast the SSID in every network packet, “hidden networks” are trivial to detect.

This can only be resolved by reviewing your WiFi Router settings - and making changes to the router configuration. You’ll need to refer to your WiFi Router documentation for details of how to access and change the Router configuration; you’ll either require a manufacturer-provided App, or will sign-in to your router using a web browser (such as Safari, Firefox, Chrome etc.).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 4:32 PM in response to LisaPiperduke

A hidden WiFi network is simply a network that is not openly broadcasting its network name (SSID). A “hidden” WiFi network is somewhat misleading in its title - and engenders a false sense of security; as all WiFi networks broadcast the SSID in every network packet, “hidden networks” are trivial to detect.

This can only be resolved by reviewing your WiFi Router settings - and making changes to the router configuration. You’ll need to refer to your WiFi Router documentation for details of how to access and change the Router configuration; you’ll either require a manufacturer-provided App, or will sign-in to your router using a web browser (such as Safari, Firefox, Chrome etc.).

When I hook up to my network I get the blue heck and it says that it’s a hidden net work, but it does connect me to my netw

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.