Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why won't my battery on MacBook Air charge?

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 2:11 PM

Refer to Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support:

If your Mac isn't charging

Confirm the correct wattage AC adapter for your computer. A power adapter rated for a lower wattage than is required for the system might not reliably charge the computer. If you're not sure which power adapter to use with your computer, learn how to find the right power adapter and cord for your Mac notebook.

For more help, learn what to do if your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook. If issues persist, shut down your Mac, close the display for 30 seconds, then try to charge again. Or if you have an Intel-based Macreset the SMC.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 2:11 PM in response to readville

Refer to Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support:

If your Mac isn't charging

Confirm the correct wattage AC adapter for your computer. A power adapter rated for a lower wattage than is required for the system might not reliably charge the computer. If you're not sure which power adapter to use with your computer, learn how to find the right power adapter and cord for your Mac notebook.

For more help, learn what to do if your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook. If issues persist, shut down your Mac, close the display for 30 seconds, then try to charge again. Or if you have an Intel-based Macreset the SMC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.