Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked macbook

I lost my MacBook so I locked it now I have found it but all my documents are gone. When I lost it I set up a passcode to unlock it when it was found but was never given an option to enter in the passcode. How do I restore all my information?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 4:54 AM

Apple guidance:

If you can't unlock your Mac

After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My.

If you can't remember that passcode, you have three options:

• Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
  • Unlock your Mac from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch using your device passcode.
  • Take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2022 4:54 AM in response to Brooklyndenoff

Apple guidance:

If you can't unlock your Mac

After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My.

If you can't remember that passcode, you have three options:

• Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
  • Unlock your Mac from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch using your device passcode.
  • Take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

Locked macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.