Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Concern about the battery percentage shown on mac

Hello. So, I just recently got the new MacBook pro with m1 pro for about 5 weeks now. One time, I was charging my laptop and using it at the same time, so I immediately saw when the MagSafe charger became a green light from my peripheral view. Then, immediately after seeing it turned green, I went to check the battery percentage of the laptop and saw that it was still 98% (it also said 14 mins until fully charged) even though the MagSafe charger just turned green. Then after about a minute I went to check the battery percentage again and it's now 100%. Was my laptop just late at showing the real battery percentage or is this a problem? I am worried since I just got the laptop and it was expensive. The power/ battery condition is normal in the system information.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 8:53 AM

Micromanaging your battery is a waste of time. The charging circuitry will take care of your battery far better than you ever will.

Charge it when it needs it, use the battery when you need to, leaving the charger attached for an extended period of time will not harm a healthy battery ... enjoy your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2022 8:53 AM in response to darla_13

Micromanaging your battery is a waste of time. The charging circuitry will take care of your battery far better than you ever will.

Charge it when it needs it, use the battery when you need to, leaving the charger attached for an extended period of time will not harm a healthy battery ... enjoy your Mac.

Concern about the battery percentage shown on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.