Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

F buttons

Why do none of the buttons on the F button row work? They did, now only the outside buttons work. I called support about this, but all he could tell me was to go to the Apple store which is hundreds of miles from where I live. So I thought I would try this route due to the cost of gas

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 7:44 AM

Ihatemymac57 wrote:

Why do none of the buttons on the F button row work? They did, now only the outside buttons work. I called support about this, but all he could tell me was to go to the Apple store ...

What exact Mac is this...?

If this is an Intel Mac—Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

plug in or connect a external keyboard and compare your results.

Verify your preferences settings >System Preferences>Keyboard make some changes

How to use the function keys on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2022 7:44 AM in response to Ihatemymac57

Ihatemymac57 wrote:

Why do none of the buttons on the F button row work? They did, now only the outside buttons work. I called support about this, but all he could tell me was to go to the Apple store ...

What exact Mac is this...?

If this is an Intel Mac—Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

plug in or connect a external keyboard and compare your results.

Verify your preferences settings >System Preferences>Keyboard make some changes

How to use the function keys on your Mac - Apple Support

F buttons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.