Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why freezing makes no difference?

Hi

I just tried 50 tracks in Logic, with various plug ins, after 10 seconds it stops! so I tried freezing the tracks, and I get exactly the same message, why is this?

Many thanks

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 12:42 PM

so I tried freezing the tracks, and I get exactly the same message, why is this?

Did you freeze the tracks? yes or no?

When does the message occur?

Is it always at the same position?

Do you have non-freezed tracks and busses with plugins in your mix?

How much free space left do you have on your start hd and the hd you are working on?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2022 12:42 PM in response to kerochan

so I tried freezing the tracks, and I get exactly the same message, why is this?

Did you freeze the tracks? yes or no?

When does the message occur?

Is it always at the same position?

Do you have non-freezed tracks and busses with plugins in your mix?

How much free space left do you have on your start hd and the hd you are working on?

Apr 21, 2022 12:47 PM in response to yoyoBen

Apologies, I just tried again and I had not had the tracks on freeze, I had just added the freeze icon to the track components, maybe other Logic users have done this also? mmm, maybe not!

Anyways, I have now activated the freeze on all the tacks and it works perfectly, no error message.

Thank you for your time.

And just in case there are other Logic users as dumb as me, you need to activate the freeze button, and wait till the tracks are frozen, not just add the Freeze icon to the track header components, doh....

Why freezing makes no difference?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.