Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV cannot find library on Windows Server 2019

I have a Windows Server 2019 running iTunes with Home Sharing enabled. Downstairs, I have a 4k Apple TV tied to the TV in the family room. iTunes is always running on the server.

When I select the Apple TV and go to My Computer, I get an error that it cannot find the library and to make sure Home Sharing is enabled.

When I remote back into the Windows server with iTunes, I have to close iTunes and restart iTunes, then the Apple TV downstairs finds it.

I have to do this everything I want to go to the Apple TV in the family room. It does not happen on other TV's in the house. The box is updated to the current version.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 2:59 PM

I am assuming both the Apple TV and the Windows server are on the same network. If that is correct then I suspect the issue may be that the Apple TV is not getting a strong enough signal from your network.

I would recommend doing the following first:

1. Unplug your modem from its power source for 2-3 minutes and Restart Modem.
  2. Unplug your router from its power source for 2-3 minutes and Restart router.
  3. Shutdown Windows Server and re-boot wait 2-3 minutes
  4. Unplug Apple TV from Power for 2-3 minutes – re-plug in and retest. 

If the above is not working well then please use a tool like iStumbler to measure the network's strength where the Apple TV is located.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2022 2:59 PM in response to bfry24

I am assuming both the Apple TV and the Windows server are on the same network. If that is correct then I suspect the issue may be that the Apple TV is not getting a strong enough signal from your network.

I would recommend doing the following first:

1. Unplug your modem from its power source for 2-3 minutes and Restart Modem.
  2. Unplug your router from its power source for 2-3 minutes and Restart router.
  3. Shutdown Windows Server and re-boot wait 2-3 minutes
  4. Unplug Apple TV from Power for 2-3 minutes – re-plug in and retest. 

If the above is not working well then please use a tool like iStumbler to measure the network's strength where the Apple TV is located.

Apple TV cannot find library on Windows Server 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.