Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringer volume not changing when using headphones/airpods

Hello, I'm wondering if there's any way to stop having the iPhone ring as loud as it possibly can right in my ear while I have headphones in.

I realize that I can change the volume of the ringer, however when I'm not using headphones I need the ringer to be maximum volume, and I simply can not accept lowering the ringer volume every time I put an airpod in. Please tell me that this basic feature is hidden somewhere in the IOS setting. There must be some way for the iPhone to remember the volume the ringer was at last time you were using headphones. Please, I can't take this anymore.

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 2:06 PM

Hello ezzzzzie,

Since there's no way to separate the alert volume for the iPhone speakers and when using AirPods, you might consider providing feedback to Apple. If you'd like to do that, you can submit your suggestions at Product Feedback.

Best regards.

4 replies

Apr 22, 2022 11:45 AM in response to ezzzzzie

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, ezzzzzie!

We understand you're hearing the full ringer volume when you use your iPhone with headphones. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address the volume.

Try switching on the Ring/Silent switch so that you only get vibrations:

Use the side, Home, and other buttons on your iPhone

Have a great day!

Apr 22, 2022 2:04 PM in response to alma1090

Hey Alma, thanks for the response! Unfortunately your solution appears to be turning the volume of the ringer all the way down every time I put an airpod in, and then turning it all the way back up every single time I take it out. Your method of doing so is different than using the volume buttons, but its effect is the same. Sorry to say, but your solution is psychotic. Thank you for trying to help.

Ringer volume not changing when using headphones/airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.