Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri reading out Dutch and German messages as if it is English

As I am multilingual I get messages in several languages which get announce / read out on my AirPods by SIRI as if they are all plain English resulting in gobbledygook. Surely by now there is a solution to this issue?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 1:37 PM

Well then how do you make it so that it doesn’t read out messages in languages that isn’t the primary language.

Mostly everyone these days is at least bilingual. And IMessage already automatically selects the correct autocorrect language when I am typing a message, so surely it is not that difficult to differentiate between the primary language and another language.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 1:37 PM in response to ShannonM1

Well then how do you make it so that it doesn’t read out messages in languages that isn’t the primary language.

Mostly everyone these days is at least bilingual. And IMessage already automatically selects the correct autocorrect language when I am typing a message, so surely it is not that difficult to differentiate between the primary language and another language.

Apr 23, 2022 9:12 AM in response to nandoflipse

Hi nandoflipse,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you'd like to have Siri read for you in German and Dutch, correct?

If so, you can change Siri's language as outlined here: Change Siri voice or language - Apple Support

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Go to Settings > Siri & Search.
Tap Language to change the language that Siri uses for requests and responses.
Tap Siri Voice to change the voice that Siri speaks.
To hear spoken responses from Siri on your device, tap Settings > Siri & Search > Siri Responses.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Siri reading out Dutch and German messages as if it is English

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.