Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t Apple supply a link to download the ECG App?

Why can’t they supply a hot link to download the EKG app, after wasting 5 minutes of our time with information that we can’t use without first having the app?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 7:48 AM

No one here in this user-to-user forum would know why Apple does or does not do something. And Apple doesn't read here for suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

However, the ECG app should be installed when you follow the set up instructions:

Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2022 7:48 AM in response to Thatn1xon

No one here in this user-to-user forum would know why Apple does or does not do something. And Apple doesn't read here for suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

However, the ECG app should be installed when you follow the set up instructions:

Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apr 22, 2022 8:01 AM in response to Thatn1xon

Apple has not replied to you; this is a user-to-user forum, and other users are trying to help, apparently without success.

The Apple ECG app is on your Apple watch, and it is installed from the Health app on your phone if you live in a country where the government has approved the Apple app. If your government has not approved it you cannot use it. The link already provided, Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support, explains how to install the ECG app if it is available in your country.

Apr 22, 2022 7:54 AM in response to Thatn1xon

I'd like to thank Apple for its kind reply, but unfortunately, the instructions they point to are exactly the same ones which I am complaining about. That are aleast 40 different ECG apps in the app store, and all I wanted to know is which one to use. I took a guess that it was the CVS one, which was at the top of the search list (long with a second hit would was an advertisement), but it would still be nice to have a bit more guidancce.

Apr 22, 2022 8:04 AM in response to Thatn1xon

Thatn1xon wrote:

I'd like to thank Apple for its kind reply, but unfortunately, the instructions they point to are exactly the same ones which I am complaining about. That are aleast 40 different ECG apps in the app store, and all I wanted to know is which one to use. I took a guess that it was the CVS one, which was at the top of the search list (long with a second hit would was an advertisement), but it would still be nice to have a bit more guidancce.

As Lawrence noted, I'm not Apple. And, the instructions I provided, if you are in a country where the ECG is available, will automatically install the app if you follow them.

The ECG app  is installed during the ECG app setup in the Health app. 

No, the CVS app has nothing to do with Apple's ECG feature.

Apr 22, 2022 9:58 AM in response to Thatn1xon

Fieryjack's link took me right to the Apple app on a pc, but when I searched the app store from an iphone, under the phrase "ECG Apple.", I stopped counting all the hits I got (just now) at 68, with plenty more remaining. Why couldn't apple tell us that? There is no hot link in the Apple Health App instructions.. Are they trying to do some sales work for their advertisers, or what?

Apr 22, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Thatn1xon

My problem might be that cannot locate the apple health app on the proper watch shortcut icon menu, that is, to locate the default Apple iphone "health" app. I have a few watch apps with hearts on them, but none matching the phone app icon very closely (a heart in one corner of a square). One might be the CVS app I just bought, but that seems to be solely a heartrate monitor.

Why can’t Apple supply a link to download the ECG App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.