You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dictating text to a Siri shortcut

When verbally triggering a shortcut, is it possible to respond to a shortcut choice without Siri first saying “Okay [your name], what’s the text?” For example, I have a shortcut that ask’s “Do you want to hear today’s appointments?” I would prefer a beep and then give my “yes” or “no” response (as it works when I run the shortcut from a shortcut “button” on my iPad or iPhone). Instead, I must wait for Siri to say “Okay [your name], what’s the text?”

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 12:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 11:57 PM

Bill ~ To set the number of repeats in response to a prompt in the shortcut, use the same technique as I explained here in response to your other post:

• Use the "Ask for Input" action.
  • To set up the "Repeat" action, do a long press on its initial "1 time" parameter.
  • From the pop-up, choose "Select Magic Variable".
  • Tap on "Provided Input" which should appear below the "Ask for" action.

...But I doubt a shortcut will be allowed to run for 5 minutes as in your example. It will probably time out before that.

õ¿õ¬

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2022 11:57 PM in response to Bill @ 417

Bill ~ To set the number of repeats in response to a prompt in the shortcut, use the same technique as I explained here in response to your other post:

• Use the "Ask for Input" action.
  • To set up the "Repeat" action, do a long press on its initial "1 time" parameter.
  • From the pop-up, choose "Select Magic Variable".
  • Tap on "Provided Input" which should appear below the "Ask for" action.

...But I doubt a shortcut will be allowed to run for 5 minutes as in your example. It will probably time out before that.

õ¿õ¬

Dictating text to a Siri shortcut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.