Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app not showing thumbnails or importing photos from iphone

Hi all,

I backed up my iPhone imports earlier and deleted the photos library from my mac to free up space. Now when I try to connect my iPhone to import photos i am facing weird issue.

When connected to mac photos app is showing blank thumbnails but with right number of photos. But when im trying to import, its showing as importing but nothing imports . Attaching a screen shot of the blank thumbnails here.

I think i messed up when i deleted photos library from mac. Kindly help me to get things work fine again.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 12:27 PM

Hey pnairz,

When you click on one of these blank thumbnails, does the photo actually open for you to see it? We want to make sure if it's the thumbnails or the actual photos that are missing.

If you haven't yet, try force quitting the Photos app: How to force an app to quit on your Mac

Also, try restarting your Mac to see if it makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2022 12:27 PM in response to pnairz

Hey pnairz,

When you click on one of these blank thumbnails, does the photo actually open for you to see it? We want to make sure if it's the thumbnails or the actual photos that are missing.

If you haven't yet, try force quitting the Photos app: How to force an app to quit on your Mac

Also, try restarting your Mac to see if it makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards.

Apr 23, 2022 2:11 PM in response to BrianK90

Thanks a lot for your response.

When open the image nothing pops up , it shows blank screen . Tried restarting and even repairing the Photos app. Nothing worked .

But when I downloaded all the photos using image capture and deleted few images , things seems working fine with Photos app. I think some files got corrupted while earlier import .

I still wonder what went wrong?

Photos app not showing thumbnails or importing photos from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.