Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

libjvm.dylib cannot be open- MacOS Monterey

This is actually this question: libjvm.dylib cannot be open- MacOS Monter… - Apple Community

I tried to answer but the system didn't let me and required to ask the same question again, so here it is:

quoted:

Hi,

I have to install an image analysis software that I trust (Imaris-Bitplane). However, I need to run the Matlab MCR 2014, which requires to open libjvm.dylib

However, I cannot open it because cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

After going to Preferences/Security& Privacy/, I do not see the "Allow anyway".

It is only when I cancel the opening of the dylib, that the "Allow anyway" shows up. I continue clicking on it, but it is stuck and doesn't go away, and doesn't allow me to open this dylib.

It is pretty anoying, more becasue I trust Matlab people!

Thanks for your help

Chloe

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 2:54 PM

And here is the answer; I found a work-around by trial and error on my Mac Mini M1 with Monterey; in my case it is an application dynamically loading libSDL2.dylib. As described in the question I copied from Chloe the system doesn't let me run this app because the dylib cannot be verified. As a work-around I just selected the dylib in the Finder and executed "Open with"+ Terminal from the Finder context menu; the system asks me for permission which I grant; the terminal opens but I just close it; after this step when I execute my original app it no longer complains and just lets the app load the dylib. Without the complicated procedure recommended here: libjvm.dylib cannot be open- MacOS Monter… - Apple Community.

Maybe Apple will have mercy and offer a solution that also allows a reasonable deployment without every user having to perform this procedure for every dylib. I don't want to pay money to deploy precompiled versions of my open source application, and libSDL2.dylib is even third-party, not compiled by me.

My app is the Oberon+ IDE (see https://github.com/rochus-keller/Oberon/) which allows users to write applications in the Oberon+ programming language; these applications can access shared libraries (such as libSDL2.dylib) by the Oberon+ foreign language interface.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2022 2:54 PM in response to rochus_

And here is the answer; I found a work-around by trial and error on my Mac Mini M1 with Monterey; in my case it is an application dynamically loading libSDL2.dylib. As described in the question I copied from Chloe the system doesn't let me run this app because the dylib cannot be verified. As a work-around I just selected the dylib in the Finder and executed "Open with"+ Terminal from the Finder context menu; the system asks me for permission which I grant; the terminal opens but I just close it; after this step when I execute my original app it no longer complains and just lets the app load the dylib. Without the complicated procedure recommended here: libjvm.dylib cannot be open- MacOS Monter… - Apple Community.

Maybe Apple will have mercy and offer a solution that also allows a reasonable deployment without every user having to perform this procedure for every dylib. I don't want to pay money to deploy precompiled versions of my open source application, and libSDL2.dylib is even third-party, not compiled by me.

My app is the Oberon+ IDE (see https://github.com/rochus-keller/Oberon/) which allows users to write applications in the Oberon+ programming language; these applications can access shared libraries (such as libSDL2.dylib) by the Oberon+ foreign language interface.

libjvm.dylib cannot be open- MacOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.