Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring Notes Within Contacts

I am about to purchase a new iPhone, but need to be certain that my Contact notes data will transfer to my new phone. My Contacts are uploaded to the cloud, but does that include my notes?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 8:04 AM

Contacts are tied to email accounts. Only contacts synced to an iCloud account will sync to icloud.com. If your contacts are associated with a different email account, such as Outlook, AOL, Yahoo, etc, then the contacts will sync to the new from when you add those accounts to the new phone. Go to Settings/Contacts/Accounts to see which of your email accounts also sync contacts.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2022 8:04 AM in response to 76dncr

Contacts are tied to email accounts. Only contacts synced to an iCloud account will sync to icloud.com. If your contacts are associated with a different email account, such as Outlook, AOL, Yahoo, etc, then the contacts will sync to the new from when you add those accounts to the new phone. Go to Settings/Contacts/Accounts to see which of your email accounts also sync contacts.

Apr 23, 2022 7:57 AM in response to 76dncr

To be honest, no. However, are you sure you signed into the website with the same Apple ID as on the iPhone? If you go back to the iPhone and go to Settings>Contacts>Accounts, it will list all the accounts there and check anyone that has Contacts listed under it. It could be a mail account, Gmail, or whatever. When you check those accounts, it would have a Contacts switch. Another place to check is to open Contacts and check in the upper left corner of the screen to see if it says something to the effect of All Groups.

Transferring Notes Within Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.