Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Airplay Receiver option in Sharing Tab

I have a Macbook created in 2018 or later (Got it in 2021). It is up to date with IOS 15. I am not enrolled in a MDM program. Why do I not have an Airplay Reciever option in my service list?

I am trying to airplay from my phone to my Macbook. But I do not have access to that button and have no idea why.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 11:42 AM

Do you own a MacBook 2018 or MacBook Air 2018?

If it's the former, then it doesn't belong to the list of compatible devices:

Available on MacBook Pro (2018 and later), MacBook Air (2018 and later), iMac (2019 and later), iMac Pro (2017), Mac mini (2020 and later), Mac Pro (2019), iPhone 7 and later, iPad Pro (2nd generation and later), iPad Air (3rd generation and later), iPad (6th generation and later), and iPad mini (5th generation and later). Older iPhone, iPad, and Mac models may share content at a lower resolution to supported Mac models when “Allow AirPlay for” is set to “Everyone” or “Anyone on the same network” in Sharing preferences.

macOS Monterey - New Features - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2022 11:42 AM in response to kelseyb5_

Do you own a MacBook 2018 or MacBook Air 2018?

If it's the former, then it doesn't belong to the list of compatible devices:

Available on MacBook Pro (2018 and later), MacBook Air (2018 and later), iMac (2019 and later), iMac Pro (2017), Mac mini (2020 and later), Mac Pro (2019), iPhone 7 and later, iPad Pro (2nd generation and later), iPad Air (3rd generation and later), iPad (6th generation and later), and iPad mini (5th generation and later). Older iPhone, iPad, and Mac models may share content at a lower resolution to supported Mac models when “Allow AirPlay for” is set to “Everyone” or “Anyone on the same network” in Sharing preferences.

macOS Monterey - New Features - Apple

No Airplay Receiver option in Sharing Tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.