Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Bug

Hey, I was wondering if anybody else had this bug/issue with apple music where it would skip songs then stop playing the songs and whenever you would try to play a song it would give the error -42812. I was wondering about a possible fix to the solution cause I have deleted the app and redownloaded the app twice I was wondering if anybody can help out thanks.

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 12:31 PM

I’m currently listening without gaps and skipped songs and the mix sounds correct. I don’t know. I’m on wired headphones, Bluetooth off, denied all apps access to Bluetooth, disallowed changes to Bluetooth and Music and Media configurations, and turned off location services.

11 replies

Apr 30, 2022 5:10 AM in response to picas

I’ve tried many things picas. Tried turning lossless off and on. Tried Dolby Atmos off and on. Tried resetting Bluetooth headphones and forgetting them and pairing again. Tried deleting Music app and reinstalling. Tried logging out of media services and logging in again. Tried signing out of iCloud and back in. Tried restarting. Tried hard restart. Tried wiping iPhone clean and starting everything from backup and tried wiping everything clean and starting from no backup. Tried resetting network settings. Tried resetting all settings. Tried downloading songs. Tried deleting songs. Tried off Wi-Fi. Tried on phone speakers. Tried on wired headphones. Tried turning off FaceTime SharePlay. Tried Bluetooth and media restrictions in ScreenTime. In the beginning had my case escalated with Apple Support and they said they didn’t see anything out of the ordinary in my iPhone diagnostics. Please believe me. I don’t want to start trouble or anything. I love my iPhone. I just wish I could listen to music without errors like it was not too long ago. I don’t get an error code like the author of this thread but gaps and song skipping that persist…

Apr 30, 2022 7:10 AM in response to picas

Right…. I’m thinking something with my iCloud/Apple ID. Maybe even something internal with Apple 😬 (I didn’t write that)? Or how about a really unsecure Bluetooth? I’ve changed my passcode and password many times to difficult ones. I don’t know programming or anything or any equipment available so I’m just guessing. I’ve also read that it’s up to the artists and how their team uploads the content to Apple Music.

May 1, 2022 2:28 PM in response to Dave778778

Well, I tried to turn Bluetooth completely off and play immersive audio only on the iPhone speakers. No skipping songs, no gaps. But also the mix of the albums (Pearl Jam’s Gigaton and The Beatles Abbey Road) sounded much different. Really A LOT better. My conspiracy theory is there is a significant networking Bluetooth hacking effort that automatically plays remixed albums on other Bluetooth headphones and inserts gaps and song skipping. Every time I listened to Rush’s Moving Pictures it sounded different on my headphones. And I’m not sure, but I think there is no way to get Apple Music’s Dolby Atmos Spatial and immersive audio on headphones without a Bluetooth connection. Like no wired way. Maybe you can get a higher fidelity with Dolby Atmos but no immersion or spatial. I’m sure this doesn’t affect everyone given the numbers on Apple discussions. Maybe affected people noticed turning Bluetooth off

Apple Music Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.