Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring MP3 from iPad to iTunes

Hello,

I have an MP3 on my iPad that is not in my iTunes library on my laptop. How do I transfer the MP3 onto my laptop. Using Windows 10 on my laptop. Thank you.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 12:35 PM

Thanks for reaching out, masscub.

It sounds like you have an .MP3 file that you want to move from your iPad to your Windows Laptop. We can help.

Can you tell us more about how the .MP3 was added to your iPad? Is this something you created on the device, or downloaded from somewhere else?

• If you created it, which app did you use? Certain apps might have additional requirements to transfer files, depending on how the app stores them.
  • If you downloaded it, are you able to download it from the same source on your laptop? If not, you may be able to Transfer files between iPad and your computer:

"Transfer files between iPad and your Windows PC

1. Install or update to the latest version of iTunes on your PC.
  2. See the Apple Support article Update to the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Connect iPad to your Windows PC.
  4. You can connect using USB, or if you set up Wi-Fi syncing, you can use a Wi-Fi connection.
  5. In iTunes on your Windows PC, click the iPad button near the top left of the iTunes window.
  6. Click File Sharing, select an app in the list, then do one of the following:
    • Transfer a file from your iPad to your computer: Select the file you want to transfer in the list on the right, click “Save to,” select where you want to save the file, then click Save To."

Give that a try, and see if there is any improvement.

Hope that helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 12:35 PM in response to masscub

Thanks for reaching out, masscub.

It sounds like you have an .MP3 file that you want to move from your iPad to your Windows Laptop. We can help.

Can you tell us more about how the .MP3 was added to your iPad? Is this something you created on the device, or downloaded from somewhere else?

• If you created it, which app did you use? Certain apps might have additional requirements to transfer files, depending on how the app stores them.
  • If you downloaded it, are you able to download it from the same source on your laptop? If not, you may be able to Transfer files between iPad and your computer:

"Transfer files between iPad and your Windows PC

1. Install or update to the latest version of iTunes on your PC.
  2. See the Apple Support article Update to the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Connect iPad to your Windows PC.
  4. You can connect using USB, or if you set up Wi-Fi syncing, you can use a Wi-Fi connection.
  5. In iTunes on your Windows PC, click the iPad button near the top left of the iTunes window.
  6. Click File Sharing, select an app in the list, then do one of the following:
    • Transfer a file from your iPad to your computer: Select the file you want to transfer in the list on the right, click “Save to,” select where you want to save the file, then click Save To."

Give that a try, and see if there is any improvement.

Hope that helps!

Transferring MP3 from iPad to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.