Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Hotspot is invisible to Kindle paperwhite 2 (6th gen)

My only connection to the internet is through the iPhone's Hotspot. My iPhone 12 Pro is running iOS 15.3.1 and the Kindle is running 5.12.2.1.1

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 3:41 PM

I found the simple solution. Amazon support does not know this, but they should. They say that it's just too bad you can't connect your Kindle to your iPhone. They say, in slightly different words, Apple Hotspots suck.

Go to Settings>Personal Hotspot and switch on Maximize Compatibility. The Kindle immediately connected after doing this. Apple says internet performance may be reduced with this switch turned on. We'll see.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2022 3:41 PM in response to New Uraniborg

I found the simple solution. Amazon support does not know this, but they should. They say that it's just too bad you can't connect your Kindle to your iPhone. They say, in slightly different words, Apple Hotspots suck.

Go to Settings>Personal Hotspot and switch on Maximize Compatibility. The Kindle immediately connected after doing this. Apple says internet performance may be reduced with this switch turned on. We'll see.

iPhone Hotspot is invisible to Kindle paperwhite 2 (6th gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.