Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Photo Albums

Once I have put photos in a shared album, can I manually move them so they appear in a new order? Or do I have to create a new shared album and import the photos into that new album in the order that I now want them in?

Also, does the person that I have invited to see a shared album use up any of his storage space on his ipad to just view the photos and videos? i.e. the photos aren't automatically downloaded to his device, correct?

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 3:09 AM

Any subscriber can delete their local version of the shared album.

Tony is correct - the shared albums are taking up storage on the device, but not much. The photos in a shared album are reduced in size. And they are not automatically imported into the photos library of the subscriber. The subscribers can import the items they want and then delete the album.

Which system version do you have installed on your Mac? In macOS 12 you sort shared albums automatically according to the capture time, also in iOS 15. it will only sort the local version of your album, not the version on the device of the subscribers. But they can also sort it locally according to date. So there is not much point in sorting the shared album.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 3:09 AM in response to Tom Gregory

Any subscriber can delete their local version of the shared album.

Tony is correct - the shared albums are taking up storage on the device, but not much. The photos in a shared album are reduced in size. And they are not automatically imported into the photos library of the subscriber. The subscribers can import the items they want and then delete the album.

Which system version do you have installed on your Mac? In macOS 12 you sort shared albums automatically according to the capture time, also in iOS 15. it will only sort the local version of your album, not the version on the device of the subscribers. But they can also sort it locally according to date. So there is not much point in sorting the shared album.

Shared Photo Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.