Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does this notification mean?

hello forum friends.

My wife randomly received this notification Today and it seems odd. She obviously declined but what was this “Random” trying to do and should we be concerned that her phone may have been compromised in some way?

thank you.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 10:05 AM

Hi Davecraze,

Thank you for bringing your question to Apple Support communities.

Based on your description and screenshot, your wife is seeing a notification to connect with another device, possibly Bluetooth. Is there somewhere or someone nearby when this notification appears? Typically, Bluetooth devices that ask for notification access are in-car entertainment systems and smart watches. Is there one of these devices nearby that is switched on and trying to connect with your wife's phone.

I am interested to hear if you find anything connecting nearby. Do let me know if I have misunderstood your question or you are unsure of my questions above.

Kind regards,

adh77

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 10:05 AM in response to Davecraze

Hi Davecraze,

Thank you for bringing your question to Apple Support communities.

Based on your description and screenshot, your wife is seeing a notification to connect with another device, possibly Bluetooth. Is there somewhere or someone nearby when this notification appears? Typically, Bluetooth devices that ask for notification access are in-car entertainment systems and smart watches. Is there one of these devices nearby that is switched on and trying to connect with your wife's phone.

I am interested to hear if you find anything connecting nearby. Do let me know if I have misunderstood your question or you are unsure of my questions above.

Kind regards,

adh77

What does this notification mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.