Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to blacklist stolen IPhone with IMEE if device already removed from your iCloud?

My iPhone 12 Pro Max was robbed while I was on call. I just noticed that Find my IPhone was turn off Find due to I changed iCloud just a day before that accident. Then it unable to mark lost mode. However, there was another trouble, it was accidentally removed that lost device from iCloud. Is it possible to report blacklist that lost phone with just IMEE? What are requirements and information to do that report to black list that stolen iPhone? Will the thief able to access my data? I had passcode on my phone but I was on the call when it was rubbed. The screen haven’t lock yet.

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 6:39 AM

If the iPhone was unlocked, they would have been able to access your data. However, normally they are not interested in your data, but the actual phone itself. If they powered it off like most of the thieves do to prevent tracking, they would not be able to access it again. If you had Find My iPhone activated, then the device would be Activation Locked, so they will not be able to activate it. Any attempt to do so would require them to wipe the phone and that would lock it and delete your data. However, if you did have any bank accounts or credit cards on the device, I suggest that you cancel those credit cards for new ones and change any account passwords such as Mail, etc.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 6:39 AM in response to Sonita_S

If the iPhone was unlocked, they would have been able to access your data. However, normally they are not interested in your data, but the actual phone itself. If they powered it off like most of the thieves do to prevent tracking, they would not be able to access it again. If you had Find My iPhone activated, then the device would be Activation Locked, so they will not be able to activate it. Any attempt to do so would require them to wipe the phone and that would lock it and delete your data. However, if you did have any bank accounts or credit cards on the device, I suggest that you cancel those credit cards for new ones and change any account passwords such as Mail, etc.

How to blacklist stolen IPhone with IMEE if device already removed from your iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.