Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audacity inputs show only mono option, cant seem to make it find stereo inputs

I have a new mac mini, trying to use audacity to record in stereo. I have a recently purchased usb sound card that I think is stereo. I downloaded an updated audacity program today. Im running OS 11.2.3. Using the sound card, when I start audacity I see the screenshot on my audacity window. If I plug in other stereo inputs the stereo recording option is enabled. Is it possible my sound card is mono only? How can I record in stereo?

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 11:04 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 24, 2022 11:29 AM in response to humblemaybenotverybright

OK, so I looked up the brand of my audio card and discovered its audio is 'microphone mono' only. Crud. Then I tried playing another stereo recording with a stereo input cable plugged into the 3.5mm jack, and my mac preferences only shows options for usb inputs, not an option for using the mac mini 3.5mm jack as a stereo input. I'd like to curse the apple engineers who decided to save 12.3 cents by eliminating the audio jack, does anyone know how I could record into the mac in stereo?

audacity inputs show only mono option, cant seem to make it find stereo inputs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.