Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air M1 - disconnecting bluetooth headphones

Hi, I have bluetooth headphones (Niceboy), I connect them to mac and after 10 seconds they disconnect. With Iphone and other devices the headphones works perfectly.

No matter what I do (reconnect, restart, etc.. ) they always disconnect.

Thank you for your suggestions

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 10:23 AM

Thanks, I found the problem. I thought that being half a meter away from Mac while using headphones is not such a big distance, since they stay connected up to 30m when I connect them to Iphone.

They are connected when they lay on the mac.. it is not possible to listen to music and be sooo close to mac...

4 replies

Apr 25, 2022 12:52 PM in response to katarina201

Thanks for trying that and getting back to us, katarina201. It's appreciated.

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted - Apple Support -- Even though this article doesn't address issues when using a Bluetooth device with your Mac, the steps included can help. 

To unpair your headphones from your Mac, go to Apple Menu  > System Preferences > Bluetooth. Hover your mouse pointer over the headphones, then click the "X" to the right.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support -- If they're still disconnecting, restart your Mac in safe mode and test the issue. You'll want to use the steps under "Apple silicon". Please refer to this before beginning: Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode - Apple Support

After you've had a chance to test the issue, restart your Mac normally to exit safe mode.

If your headphones stayed connected while in safe mode, see if they'll stay connected now.

Please let us know the results when you're able by replying to this post.

All the best.

Macbook air M1 - disconnecting bluetooth headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.