Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset MacBook Pro 13” circa 2014

How do I reset MacBook.

cursor moves, identity icon appears, otherwise not responsive. battery shows 100%, network symbol seems to be on, time is correct.

I’ve shutdown and restarted several times.

is there a key combo that will refresh it, control+alt+Delete doesn’t respond.

MacBook

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 11:56 AM

I understand when you restart your Mac, you are encountering the normal Login screen, the cursor moves, but nothing else is happening.

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Then, restart your Mac normally and determine if the problem persists.

If it does, restart your Mac in Recovery mode, and reinstall macOS: Use macOS Recovery on an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 11:56 AM in response to ymfoto

I understand when you restart your Mac, you are encountering the normal Login screen, the cursor moves, but nothing else is happening.

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Then, restart your Mac normally and determine if the problem persists.

If it does, restart your Mac in Recovery mode, and reinstall macOS: Use macOS Recovery on an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support.

Reset MacBook Pro 13” circa 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.