Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synching iMessage across devices.

For years I have iMessage has worked across all of my devices (iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and MacBook). Over the last several weeks it has been spotty to non-functional. It will synch then it will not. I am signed into iCloud on all of the devices. Iphone is set up to forward to both the Mac and iPad. On all devices it recognizes the two email accounts that I use for receive and send and on the iPhone it also has my phone number. I've tried signing out and signing back but that has not produced any improvement. I'm considering buying an iMac but now am a bit reluctant until this is resolved. Anything that I am missing or need to do?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 9:11 AM

That's a good thought - thanks much. The Mac is running Monterey and all 4 devices are up to date. It's a bit perplexing that I've never had a problem in the past and it even now it is sporadic. Some devices will synch for a few hours or a day and then nothing for a week. I've tried restarting all the devices as well. I'm looking into giving up the PC desktop and go to the iMac because I have been pleased with the continuity. However, I'd like to get this resolved before taking that step.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 9:11 AM in response to lllaass

That's a good thought - thanks much. The Mac is running Monterey and all 4 devices are up to date. It's a bit perplexing that I've never had a problem in the past and it even now it is sporadic. Some devices will synch for a few hours or a day and then nothing for a week. I've tried restarting all the devices as well. I'm looking into giving up the PC desktop and go to the iMac because I have been pleased with the continuity. However, I'd like to get this resolved before taking that step.

Synching iMessage across devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.