Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone wont activate because it says it requires an update

Please help me

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 5:31 PM

Start with this support link→If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t resolve the problem, Go to Settings/General/About and look at Modem Firmware. Is the entry blank? If it is you need to reinstall it by restoring the phone to factory settings, then restoring a backup. Back up the phone first, of course:

1. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support - follow the instructions to restore using your computer, do not using Settings/General/Reset (which is not included in those instructions)
  3. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the modem firmware DOES have a value you may have a hardware problem. The first step is what I just posted, but after that you need to contact Apple support using the Get Support link at the top of this page.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 5:31 PM in response to Cant_update

Start with this support link→If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t resolve the problem, Go to Settings/General/About and look at Modem Firmware. Is the entry blank? If it is you need to reinstall it by restoring the phone to factory settings, then restoring a backup. Back up the phone first, of course:

1. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support - follow the instructions to restore using your computer, do not using Settings/General/Reset (which is not included in those instructions)
  3. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the modem firmware DOES have a value you may have a hardware problem. The first step is what I just posted, but after that you need to contact Apple support using the Get Support link at the top of this page.

My phone wont activate because it says it requires an update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.