You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro Water Damage

My water bottle leaked in my bag and it was still working but I could see the water under screen. I tried to remove water by shaking it and it made a lot of it come out but I could still see water spots and I could see light from the left side. I have switched it off and kept it with the side of water facing the floor while the iPad stands. What else should I do? Should I put it in rice or no?

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 4:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 7:29 AM

This exact thing happened to me... closed water bottle in a bag.. and somehow it got into my iPad.

And now my iPad won't work at all. :-(

I have an appointment scheduled at Genius bar - but what are the charges for a repair like this, if it can be repaired?

3 replies

Jun 10, 2022 8:41 AM in response to andrearbell

Apple does NOT actually repair iPads, but only offers in/out of warranty device replacement.

If you have an iPad with paid AppleCare+, then a replacement iPad will cost a replacement fee of $49.

If NO paid AppleCare+, a replacement iPad will cost substantially more at approx. 60% of that iPad’s original price.

See this Apple Website repair link below.

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Best of Luck to You!

iPad Pro Water Damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.