Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic keyboard

magic keyboard, space bar doesn't work

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 9:23 PM

TheLittles, thank you for responding. This is the third time this has happened. You fixed the space bar issue, but the hi light issue remained. I looked in Full Key Board Access/commands/and the right arrow was matched correctly, so I still have no idea how the highliting begins. The hilighting surrounds windows selected to work w, anywhere from the entire iPadPro screen to individual settings windows. One hilite at a time. Look for the color changes under Accessibility/Keyboards/Appearance/Color.

But I don't know how I turned this on when both the space bar stops and the hilite start working. I do not attempt to turn them on. Really weird.

To solve this I spent 1.5 hours restoring the iPadPro to factory and recovering from my iMac saved iPadProBackUp. Its now back to previous trouble today.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 9:23 PM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles, thank you for responding. This is the third time this has happened. You fixed the space bar issue, but the hi light issue remained. I looked in Full Key Board Access/commands/and the right arrow was matched correctly, so I still have no idea how the highliting begins. The hilighting surrounds windows selected to work w, anywhere from the entire iPadPro screen to individual settings windows. One hilite at a time. Look for the color changes under Accessibility/Keyboards/Appearance/Color.

But I don't know how I turned this on when both the space bar stops and the hilite start working. I do not attempt to turn them on. Really weird.

To solve this I spent 1.5 hours restoring the iPadPro to factory and recovering from my iMac saved iPadProBackUp. Its now back to previous trouble today.

Apr 24, 2022 7:32 PM in response to blackxacto

blackxacto Said:

"magic keyboard: magic keyboard, space bar doesn't work"

-------

Troubleshooting Magic Keyboard's Keys:

Factory Reset the Keyboard:

Try the following. Report back the results.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Accessibility
  3. Tap: Keyboards
  4. Tap: Full Keyboard Access
  5. Tap: Commands
  6. Remove:space bar” from “Activate”.
  7. Add: space bar” to “Activate

Apr 24, 2022 8:10 PM in response to blackxacto

blackxacto Said:

"magic keyboard: But now I have a magic keyboard Colored Hilight ring rather than the magic keyboard right arrow moving to the next letter. How the heck did I do all this?"

-------

Insert Key on Magic Keyboard:

I'm not certain, but its almost as if you are using an insert key (but there is none for this keyboard. So, if you were using a third-party keyboard, then see if there is an insert key to use, as a way to disabled this.

magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.