Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just received a notification that”your Apple ID is being used to sign in in San Jose” with 2 options Do not Allow and Allow. I erroneously checked Allow. Will this mistake cause a hacker to steal all my information?

what should I do to ensure my account is secure? Do I need to change my Apple ID?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 9:23 PM

Did you just log in to your Apple ID, and are concerned the location is different? If so, that login triggered this.

If you did not just log into your Apple ID, change your password immediately.

Login notifications are “correct” if they’re geolocated within the same country, and if the browser reported is in the same general browser family.

Enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID, unique and robust passwords across your Apple ID and all password-reset paths, ensure your cellular carrier PIN is not known, review and remediate the list of security recommendations shown by Apple in Settings > Passwords, and update to your iPhone, your Wi-Fi router firmware (if any), your printer firmware (if any), and other gear to current.

Password re-use is deadly to security, just as soon as one use of the password gets exposed somewhere all of the other uses are at risk, and breaches are fairly common.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 9:23 PM in response to Tof1145

Did you just log in to your Apple ID, and are concerned the location is different? If so, that login triggered this.

If you did not just log into your Apple ID, change your password immediately.

Login notifications are “correct” if they’re geolocated within the same country, and if the browser reported is in the same general browser family.

Enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID, unique and robust passwords across your Apple ID and all password-reset paths, ensure your cellular carrier PIN is not known, review and remediate the list of security recommendations shown by Apple in Settings > Passwords, and update to your iPhone, your Wi-Fi router firmware (if any), your printer firmware (if any), and other gear to current.

Password re-use is deadly to security, just as soon as one use of the password gets exposed somewhere all of the other uses are at risk, and breaches are fairly common.

I just received a notification that”your Apple ID is being used to sign in in San Jose” with 2 options Do not Allow and Allow. I erroneously checked Allow. Will this mistake cause a hacker to steal all my information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.