Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For contacts with multiple email addresses

Same question posted before- contact has more than one email address, iOS always pulls up the wrong one, no matter which order they are in. How do I select a default address?

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 6:30 AM

Hello Mdelam,

There currently is not a method to set default email address in Contacts.

Since these forums are users helping other users, if this is something you would like to see, the best way to do that is to provide feedback to them here: Product Feedback - Apple

Have a good day. 

3 replies

Apr 26, 2022 7:35 AM in response to Mdelam

Hello Mdelam,

Which app are you experiencing this within?

If you're using the default Mail app, then this page has a note on the topic: Send email in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

In there it'll note, "As you type, Mail automatically suggests people from your Contacts, along with email addresses for people who have more than one email address."

In the Mail app, after typing a contact's name, you may also see an arrow next to contacts with multiple email addresses. You can tap on that to expand things to show their additional email addresses.

Cheers.

Apr 26, 2022 9:35 PM in response to Eric_G1

On current iOS, my phone. When typing in a name with multiple addresses it only shows one address with the option to show others. I want to change the one it chooses to show, the default one. Sorry, I was not asking the obvious question and tried to ask specifically about the default address in Apple mail on my phone. I had to specify all of that before posting.

For contacts with multiple email addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.