Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods won't charge if case is not connected to power

when my AirPods are in the case connected to a charging cord, they charge. However, when they’re in the case with no charging cord connected, they do not charge. Why would this happen and is there anything I can do it fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 4:06 AM

Btw yes I checked, the case battery has been at 100 percent

2 replies

Apr 25, 2022 11:09 PM in response to Benjamin6_188

Benjamin6_188 Said:

"AirPods won't charge if case is not connected to power: when my AirPods are in the case connected to a charging cord, they charge. However, when they’re in the case with no charging cord connected, they do not charge. Why would this happen and is there anything I can do it fix it?"

-------

Clean your AirPod Case:

When’s the last time you cleaned these? Go here: How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support. There may debris getting in the way here. So, use a microfiber-cloth to clean the outside of them. Also, using a wooden toothpick, lightly slip it inside the case, seeing if you can slowly remove gunk (i.e. earwax). It may take a few tries. Tap the debris softly, and then extract the wooden toothpick, continuing until all is gotten out.

AirPods won't charge if case is not connected to power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.