Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes not syncing on my iMAC

Another frustrating Apple experience.

So it has been a month or so since my Notes stopped syncing on my iMac. Everything works fine between my iPad and my iPhone. Unfortunately on my iMac, when I initiate Notes I can see the cursor spinning for a moment next to "iCloud" in the top left corner but nothing follows.

I tried to tick that option on and off (system preferences -> apple id -> (under apps on this Mac using iCloud) -> notes), all to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 8:33 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 25, 2022 7:19 PM in response to foefoefoe

See the article Share the Internet connection on Mac with other network users - Apple Support

WARNING: If your Internet connection and your local network use the same port (Ethernet, for example), investigate possible side effects before you turn on Internet sharing. In some cases, sharing your Internet connection disrupts the network. If you use a cable modem, for example, you might unintentionally affect the network settings of other ISP customers, and your ISP might terminate your service.

Disconnect iPhone with Mac If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

and see some articles Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points – Apple Support

Solve internet connection problems on Mac - Apple Support

The network speed is essential to sync massive iCloud data https://www.speedtest.net

Apr 25, 2022 10:59 AM in response to tygb

Sorry but I can not see how can that help. I can see my iCloud account under Notes->Accounts. And I can see the system is trying to reach for these notes stored in my iCloud but the notes are not appearing. Also, there are ZERO problems when it comes to using Notes on my: macbook, ipad and iphone. Everything is synced perfectly and works seamlessly

Apr 25, 2022 11:28 AM in response to tygb

Thanks,

As regards Notes settings: they look identical on my iMac

New admin account - do You mean a new iCloud account? BTW, I can not sign out of my iCloud on my IMac. Every time I try I'm hitting the wall with "Find My Mac couldn’t be disabled. Please try again later."

If you meant just any other account I have another two assigned to "Settings/Internet Accounts": these are my email acounts and "Notes" are ticked on over there. Besides I tried to tick it on and off many times hoping for a breakthrough, still without success.

Apr 25, 2022 12:07 PM in response to tygb

Hi again,

Managed to fix it, well kind of...

I was ticking and unticking for good 30 minutes to the point I had no idea what happened including deleting the files on my Desktop.

Bottom line: Notes are working only when I use my iPhone internet provider (via hot spot) on my iMac. The same story goes for MAIL on my iMac (it doesn't work at all with my home broadband)! My iPhone broadband = giffgaff, and my home broadband = BT.

Also, both Notes and MAIL work seamlessly with my home broadband on my a) iPhone b) iPad c) macBook

The thing is my main station is my iMac and my main unlimited internet is my BT.

Any ideas why MAIL/Notes doesn't go well with my home broadband only on my iMac?

Thanks

Notes not syncing on my iMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.