Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote shapes taking up the entire bounding box?

I appear to be unable to select any shape behind the general bounding square of a shape in Keynote. This has only just appeared and it is frustrating beyond measure.

Say, for example, I have a large diagonal shape over the top of a small circle, but the circle is far away from the large diagonal shape, but still within the general square. If I want to select the circle, it just selects the large diagonal shape, leaving me unable to select the circle without the objects list.

This has wasted me so much time this week as I frequently use Keynote to make complex vector graphics and I never name my shapes, so I have been stuck in a constant guessing game with the objects list.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 1:04 PM

use either of these options:

1 - go to View > Show Object List:

2 - Select the diagonal shape then press the tab key on the keyboard to select each object in turn on the slide

1 reply

Keynote shapes taking up the entire bounding box?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.