Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what update do i need for messages to work on macbook pro?

An update has started twice on my laptop that had something to do with my being able to use my iphone, but never finished either time. Messages never send from my laptop. I'm guessing these are related. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 8:57 PM

1. Set up text message forwarding
    1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
    2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
    3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 8:57 PM in response to jdg239

1. Set up text message forwarding
    1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
    2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
    3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

what update do i need for messages to work on macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.