Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I backup iPhone without wifi?

Can I backup my iPhone without using Wi-Fi

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 7:39 AM

An iPhone XS cannot directly back up to iCloud using cellular network data, as that feature requires three things: a 5G connection, and piles of cellular data, and a carrier that allows backups. iPhone XS lacks 5G hardware, so that’s not an option for iCloud backups.

An iPhone XS can back up via USB to a local Mac or Windows computer, and can back up indirectly via cellular data with a carrier-provided “MiFi” or “JetPack” device and Wi-Fi-to-cellular connection.

Hotspot and direct cellular connections (prior to 5G) will not permit iCloud backups.

Here are details of the options:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2022 7:39 AM in response to Kimsandford

An iPhone XS cannot directly back up to iCloud using cellular network data, as that feature requires three things: a 5G connection, and piles of cellular data, and a carrier that allows backups. iPhone XS lacks 5G hardware, so that’s not an option for iCloud backups.

An iPhone XS can back up via USB to a local Mac or Windows computer, and can back up indirectly via cellular data with a carrier-provided “MiFi” or “JetPack” device and Wi-Fi-to-cellular connection.

Hotspot and direct cellular connections (prior to 5G) will not permit iCloud backups.

Here are details of the options:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

Can I backup iPhone without wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.