Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update iPhone to iOS 15

Hey okay so I’ve been trying to update my iPhone it is currently on iOS 13.2 trying to update to 15 though it doesn’t let me update it threw the phone and I did it threw the computer the update installed but my phone has yet to update and the iTunes on my computer is saying extracting software but the loading isn’t moving forward.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 8:22 PM

VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the update servers.

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  1. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
  1. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
  1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

Try updating iOS after each step.

• Try to Forget the WiFi network and add it again
  • Try another WiFi network 
  • Toggle sets automatically off and then on
  • Reset your network settings
  • Force restart your device
  • Remove any beta profiles, if applicable
  • If everything fails: - Use iTunes or Finder (for macOS Catalina+) to update your device instead of over-the-air

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 8:22 PM in response to susy166

VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the update servers.

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  1. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
  1. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
  1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

Try updating iOS after each step.

• Try to Forget the WiFi network and add it again
  • Try another WiFi network 
  • Toggle sets automatically off and then on
  • Reset your network settings
  • Force restart your device
  • Remove any beta profiles, if applicable
  • If everything fails: - Use iTunes or Finder (for macOS Catalina+) to update your device instead of over-the-air

Apr 25, 2022 8:25 PM in response to susy166

susy166 Said:

"Updating!!: Hey okay so I’ve been trying to update my iPhone it is currently on iOS 13.2 trying to update to 15 though it doesn’t let me update it threw the phone and I did it threw the computer the update installed but my phone has yet to update and the iTunes on my computer is saying extracting software but the loading isn’t moving forward. "

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Updates and Extracting Data:

Give it a few. If there is Gigabytes of data, then it will take a few, sure enough.

Can't update iPhone to iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.